One can get rid of nodular acne by using antibiotics to help kill the bacteria trapped in your pores, prescription-strength benzoyl peroxide, which is much more concentrated than drugstore varieties. prescription-strength salicylic acid to dry out dead skin and oil trapped in the nodule.
Nodular acne is a type of inflammatory or severe type of acne that can lead to painful lesions on the skin, swollen pimples as well as scarring. It’s also known as nodulocystic acne or cystic acne. Nodular acne can appear on the face, back, and other areas of the body.
What causes Nodular Acne
Nodular acne forms when a type of bacteria called Propionibacterium acnes that live on the skin get trapped inside the clogged pore. This may lead to an infection that affects the deeper layers of the skin. The infection can cause inflammation in the deep skin layers, creating hard nodules.
Cause’s Of Nodular acne includes
- An increase in androgen hormones, which can lead to more and thicker skin oil
- A large buildup of dead cells within the pore
- An overgrowth of acne-causing bacteria
- Consuming a high level of oily and greasy food.
How to identify nodular acne
- Red, inflamed lesions on the surface of your skin.
- No head
- Painful bumps on your face, chest, back
- They are usually big in size.
Symptoms of nodular acne
The most common symptom of nodular acne is the appearance of hard bruises on the face, chest, or back.
- May feel like hard knots under the skin
- May develop a white head
- Can be found deep down under the skin’s surface
- Can cause severe scarring
What are the best treatment for Nodular acne
The best possible ways to get rid of nodular acne is through
- Oral medications: oral antibiotics help in stemming the growth of Propionibacterium. Your physician may recommend a prescription skin care product such as isotretinoin for severe acne.
- Prescription topical treatments: Topical medication is effective as the first line of treatment in cases where there are only a few nodules (nodular acne). These medications include benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid.
Easy ways to prevent your self from getting nodular acne
- Avoid to much sun(hot)
- Don’t burst the pimples
- Avoid harmful ingredients.
- Don’t scrub the affected area of your skin
- Wash the affected part daily.