The 6 main organs in excretory system are as follows
- KIDNEY (Renal excretion): Drugs are eliminated from the body through kidney. They perform three main functions which are to produce urine, filtration, reabsorption and secretion.
- BILIARY EXCRETION: They transport organic transporting p-glycoprotein transporting system and multi drug resistance associated protein present in hepatocytes(liver cells) actively secrete drugs.
- SALIVARY EXCRETION: In this, lesser amount of drugs are excreted out through salivary. E.g. of drugs are Caffeine, phenytoin, Theophylline.
- SKIN EXCRETION: Under this, free unionized lipophilic drugs through passive diffusion excreted out through sweat. E.g. Alcohol and benzoic acid.
- MAMMARY EXCRETION: This where unionized lipid soluble drugs passes out through mothers milk.
- PULMONARY EXCRETION: Gases and volatile substances enters primarily through respiratory routes (lungs) and expected to be excreted out through exhaled air.
How the urinary system work
When the urinary system filters blood and create urine as a waste by-product, the organs of the urinary system include the renal pelvis, ureters, bladder, urethra and kidneys.
Converts food nutrients into energy, this is done after the body has taken the nutrient needed thereby living behind the by-product in blood.
The renal route(kidney) and urinary system helps to eliminate urea from the body in form of urine.
Urinary system parts and their functions
- Bladder: The bladder holds urine until you empty it.
- Urethra: Its the tube that carries urine out of the body.
- Ureters: Two tubes present in the pelvis that carries urine from kidney to bladder.
- Kidney: is located below the ribs toward the middle of the back. It’s functions include
- Remove waste products and drugs from the body
- Balance the body’s fluids
- Release hormones to regulate blood pressure
- Control production of red blood cells
- kidney stones
- cancer of the urinary tract
- interstitial cystitis
- inflammation of the urethra
- Kidney failure.
How to take good care of your excretory system
To take good care of your excretory system you have to applied all this measure’s
- Using the washroom (Toilet) often and when needed.
- Be in a relaxed position while urinating.
- Take enough time to fully empty the bladder when urinating.
- Urinating after sex is good one to do.
- Keeping your vagina/ penis clean to avoid infections.
The drugs below are mostly for urinary system treatment